Requeijão – Cheese spread
Pairs with: Long Weekend Rose
- 1L 18% half cream
- 5 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 60ml warm milk
- Add the 35% Cream to a saucepan and bring it to a boil on low heat.
- When it is boiling, add the white vinegar and give a good stir. Let the vinegar act for about 5 minutes, until it curdles – the cream should form clumps, with a solid white part clearly visible, immersed in a slightly yellowish liquid.
- Pour the curdled cream into the fine sieve and, with a spoon or silicone spatula, lightly press the mixture to extract as much whey as possible.
- Transfer the drained cheese to the blender, and add warm milk, butter, and salt. Beat well until it forms a smooth cream – if necessary, stop beating and scrape the side of the blender with the spatula.
- Transfer the requeijão to a glass jar and let it cool completely before covering. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to finish firming.
As seen on: