Pão de queijo – Brazilian Cheese bites
Pairs with: Long Weekend Rose
- 100g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g grated Mozzarella cheese
- 200g Tapioca starch
- 100 ml whole milk
- 40g butter
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan until it boils.
- Pour the boiling mixture into the Tapioca starch and stir to make a kind of paste.
- Add the grated cheeses and mix.
- Add the egg and mix again. Adjust the salt.
- Shape the buns as small balls, around 10 cm in diameter (with oiled hands), and let them rest for 5 minutes in the fridge.
- Set them in a tray with parchment paper and bake over medium heat (350°F) until golden.
- Then let them rest for 5 minutes. Cut in the middle and add one slice of turkey breast folded, red lettuce, and banana peppers.
As seen on: