A perfect pairing with our Fireside Red a lighter fruit forward, easy drinking wine for Spring or enjoy with our Fielding Original Craft Cider and the Fielding Hopped & Hazy Cider!
Serve as a simple side dish or light main course. This delicious kielbasa sits on a bed of mixed onions and peppers, or your favourite roasted vegetable combo.
Family serving size of Kielbasa
- 4 peppers for roasting
- 1 large onion
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to season
Optional: Grainy or Honey Mustard, Hot Honey to accompany as a condiment.
- Preheat oven to 400℉ or preheat the BBQ grill.
- Simply cut hasselback type slices into the ring of kielbasa about 2/3 down, ensuring you don’t cut all the way through.
What is hasselback style? It’s a common cut for potatoes and works well with the kielbasa.
- Slice your favourite combination of mixed peppers & onions, toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Feel free to add additional peppers and onion, or any combo of veggies you like. (For our family of four I use 4 peppers and one large onion.)
- Roast the veggies in a pan in a 400℉ oven. An alternative to roasting, is to use a pan on the BBQ.
- Once the onions and peppers start to soften, add the kielbasa & roast together in oven until kielbasa is slightly golden and warmed through!
Serve with your favourite grainy or honey mustard or a drizzle of hot honey!